Thursday, April 27, 2017

sweet hereafter

2 oz Encanto Pisco
1/2 oz Cocchi Americano
1/2 oz Dolin Blanc Vermouth
1 tsp St. Germain
1 dash Grapefruit Bitters
1 Grapefruit Twist

Squeeze the twist into a mixing glass, add the rest of the ingredients, stir with ice, and strain into a cocktail coupe.
After my bar shift two Thursday nights ago, I turned to the Death & Co. Cocktail Book for something to serve myself. Wanting something silky and smooth, I stuck with the chapters on stirred drinks and eventually came upon Joaquin Simo's 2009 the Sweet Hereafter. The drink made me think of a Pisco Martini with fruity and floral flavors contributed by Cocchi Americano, elderflower liqueur, and grapefruit bitters. In the glass, the Sweet Hereafter shared a floral note from the blanc vermouth and the St. Germain elements that led into a peach and white grape sip. Next, the swallow gave forth pisco, floral, and grapefruit flavors.

No comments: