Monday, October 19, 2015

honor amongst thieves

1 oz Aged Cachaça (Seleta)
1 oz 100 Proof Bourbon (Fighting Cock 103)
1 oz Pineapple Juice
1/2 oz Velvet Falernum
1/4 oz Lime Juice (1/2 oz)
1/4 oz Simple Syrup (1/2 oz)

Shake with ice and strain into a rocks glass with a large ice cube. Garnish with 3 dashes of Peychaud's Bitters (I continued on with the Tiki theme with my glassware and garnish).
Two Fridays ago after my shift, I turned to Food & Wine: Cocktails 2015 for recipe inspiration. The one that caught my eye both for the name and ingredients was the Honor Amongst Thieves by Chicago bartender Alex Renshaw. Once in the Tiki mug, the drink offered mint and anise aromas. Next, malt, pineapple, and lime on the sip fell aside to funky grassy cachaça crossed with angry whiskey flavors on the swallow. Finally, the Honor Amongst Thieves ended with a clove, vanilla, coconut, and pineapple finish.

No comments: