Monday, April 6, 2015

to become small again

2 oz Kronan Swedish Punsch
1/2 oz Lillet Blanc
1/2 oz Suze Gentiane Liqueur
2 dash Lemon Bitters

Stir with ice and strain into a cocktail glass.

A few Sundays ago, I ventured my way down to Stoddard's for drinks. For a starter, I asked bartender Tony Iamunno for the To Become Small Again. I had previously spotted it on the menu and was intrigued by the ingredient combination, but I wanted the creator of said libation to make it for me. As for the name, Tony did not recall what the inspiration was other than something that he read, heard, or thought about around the time of the recipe's creation.
The To Become Small Again began with an earthy, herbal, floral, and pine aroma. Next, the sip was slightly caramel and tea-like in flavor. Finally, the swallow was earthy and herbal with lemon, methol, and pine notes and with a light tea tannin finish. Looking back in my notes, the combination of Swedish punsch and gentian liqueur was something novel to me that I hope gets continued in future recipes.

No comments: