Friday, November 8, 2013

[royal cadiz yacht club]

1 3/4 oz Lustau Palo Cortado Sherry
3/4 oz Lime Juice
1/4 oz Pierre Ferrand Dry Curaçao
1/4 oz Falernum

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail glass.

For my next beverage at Drink, I asked bartender Palmer Matthews if he could sherry-fy something akin to the Sherry Mai Tai that I created or the Sherry Jungle Bird that I guided Will Thompson to make for me. For a classic to riff on, Palmer picked the Royal Bermuda Yacht Club and he swapped the Barbados rum for Palo Cortado sherry. Palmer picked Palo Cortado for he rather enjoys the shrub-like qualities of oxidative sherries.
The libation offered up a grape aroma with a bright note from the citrus. The crisp lime sip gave way to a sherry swallow that finished with orange peel and clove notes.

No comments: