Tuesday, December 11, 2007

pink lady

1 1/2oz gin
1/2oz Applejack
3/4oz lemon juice
splash grenadine
egg

Shake well with ice, strain into a wine glass. Recipe: Robert Hess

Finally, a drink I don't especially like! Seriously, this whole "oh everything is so good" thing I had going on was getting weird. Kit @ ES made me what appeared to be a perfect Pink Lady, it's just the citrus that turns me off. I think I'll do well to stay away from drinks that have more than 1/4oz. The drink itself was quite pretty, and I can see it as perhaps a good introduction to eggy cocktails? I did finish the drink, it just didn't really send me into paroxysms as their gin flip does (so I had two of those afterwards because I have no self control).

Kit also gave us a taste of an Aperol-based flip. That was really nifty!

No comments: